How do you know if you should marry your partner? It’s true that it is “just a feeling” to some extent. It’s really more about the kind of love you have and the kind of relationship you have with this person.
A lot of people will tell you that falling in love is hard, but if you’re with the right person, it actually isn’t hard at all. You slip into it rather than fall. It feels natural to you. This person is your best friend. He’s the person you call whenever you have good news or bad news or just want to talk. She’s your person.
And if your partner happens to do these 10 things, you should marry that person IMMEDIATELY!
1. If your partner brings you coffee in bed.
There is nothing sweeter than a person who wakes you up with a fresh cup of coffee, just the way you like it. He’s saying, “I know you won’t move until you have this, and I care enough about you to make sure you DO move.”
It’s more than just coffee that makes the person marriage material, it’s her notion of the little things, of seeing to your happiness in any way she can. If your partner puts your needs above her own and goes out of her way to make you feel adored, marry the fuck out of that person.
2. If she knows when you’re upset even without asking.
A person who really loves you pays attention to the way you act when you’re pissed off or hurt. Your partner doesn’t want you to feel this way, so he knows the signs of the fire. Too many times we see a person we’re dating get upset and decide to “let him simmer” because we don’t have the energy to deal with it.
If you’re S.O. cares enough to cuddle you (or stay the fuck away, whichever is best for you) and asks you what’s wrong, you should marry him.
3. If you have LOVE SEX.
There is nothing wrong with dirty, kinky sex, but if you can really make passionate love, that’s a person you should put a ring on. It’s about so much more than sex, you’re actually making your pair bonding connection stronger through intercourse.
When my partner and I are making love (like really making love), candles lit, really slowly, it’s like our souls are connected. I know it sounds cheesy, but it is fucking awesome.
4. If you share the same vision.
When one partner is a slacker and the other is a go-getter, nothing about the relationship is a partnership. It becomes exhausting and painful.
Being in a serious relationship garners the ability to discuss the future in all aspects of life. The strongest partners are ones that share the same idea of what the future will hold, and the willingness to fight for it. Couples that make money together, stay together.
5. If she’s the person you want to hang out with more than anyone else.
You shouldn’t ditch your friends just because you’re in a serious relationship. That’s not what a real, healthy partnership is about. But, if you want to be with your girlfriend more than anyone else, that’s pretty special.
When you’re out at a work event or dancing, you always have your BAE in the back of your mind. You can’t wait to get home to him. If your partner is legitimately your best friend, that is the first step to the altar.
6. If he loves to listen to you talk about your passions.
The person you marry should give a fuck about your passions and should want to hear about them.
When my boyfriend talks about his side hustles, it literally gets me wet. I love that he has passions, because ambition is sexy. It’s important to have interests outside of your relationship, that the other person can appreciate,
7. If you can be silly together.
I literally dance around the grocery store, lip-synching to whatever music they have playing. Some guys might get embarrassed by this, but my partner fucking loves it. If your partner can make you laugh, even when her jokes aren’t funny, that’s true love.
Silliness is the glue that will hold you together even when you’re saggy, flabby and grey.
8. If you miss him, even when you saw him just two hours ago.
If you miss the person you’re dating all the time, that’s a really good sign. You should obviously be able to do shit on your own and have your own stuff going on, but that little pang in your heart means you really love her.
9. If you can picture having children together.
Picturing having kids together is something most of us actively avoid. It means we’re getting really attached to someone, which means we could possibly get our hearts broken.
Picturing having kids with someone is not even about wanting to start a family, most of us want that at some point down the line. But, if you can literally picture your partner carrying your baby in a kangaroo pouch on his chest, he’s the one. It means you’ve opened your heart up to the idea of being with this person for the rest of your life.
10. If she shares the same end goals with you.
There is really nothing worse than being in a relationship and not knowing where this crazy shit is headed. It’s nerve wracking and awful, especially if you’re falling head-over-heels in love. Being able to talk about the future is critical if you want to continue being together.
You don’t want to waste your time and neither does she, so you talk about what the future holds on a regular basis. If that shared picture is one where the two of you grow old together, you’re totally meant to be.
We are proud of our SOCIAL INTEREST GROUPS—WEEKLY PHONE CALLS to help discuss and help solve some of the most difficult challenges the world has today. Calls are for Members Only (although you can join the first call for free). Not yet a member of The Good Men Project? Join now!
Join The Good Men Project Community.
The $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS—join as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year. The $25 Gold Level gives you access to any ONE Social Interest Group and ONE Class–and other benefits listed below the form. Or…for $5, join as a Bronze Member and support our mission.
Register New Account
*Payment is by PayPal.
Please note: If you are already a writer/contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (Request new password if needed).
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to execution of real world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time. We now offer 500 calls a year!
2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL LIVE CLASSES. Learn how build your own platform, be a better writer, become an edit or create social change. Check out our training sessions. As a Platinum member, you can take them all.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
4. Access to our PREMIUM MEMBER LIBRARY with our recorded ConvoCasts and classes. ConvoCasts are a new form of media—and you are in them! Only Platinum Members get access to our recordings. And recordings of our classes are really valuable for those who do not have time to take the live classes or just want to review.
5. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you log in.
6. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
7. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page. Your support of our mission is noted and appreciated. See the page here!
8. PLATINUM member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a platinum member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to any ONE Social Interest Groups.Try them out! We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to execution of real world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes. Each month, we have the following: Learn how to be a Rising Star in media, build your own platform, become an advanced writer, become an editor or create social change. Check out our classes here. RSVP for any one class—if you want to take more, just upgrade to an Annual Platinum Membership.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and all Weekly Conference calls with the Publisher and community. Connect with other members online and by phone!
4. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you are logged in—as long as your membership is active.
5. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page. Your support of our mission is noted and appreciated. See the page here!
6. GOLD commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a gold member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $25.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
2. A listing on our Friends of The Good Men Project page. Your support of our mission is noted and appreciated. See the page here!
3. BRONZE member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a bronze member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
If you want additional exclusive access to our trainings, classes and live events, choose the Platinum or Gold level above.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
“Here’s the thing about The Good Men Project. We are trying to create big, sweeping, societal changes—–overturn stereotypes, eliminate racism, sexism, homophobia, be a positive force for good for things like education reform and the environment. And we’re also giving individuals the tools they need to make individual change—-with their own relationships, with the way they parent, with their ability to be more conscious, more mindful, and more insightful. For some people, that could get overwhelming. But for those of us here at The Good Men Project, it is not overwhelming. It is simply something we do—–every day. We do it with teamwork, with compassion, with an understanding of systems and how they work, and with shared insights from a diversity of viewpoints.” —– Lisa Hickey, Publisher of The Good Men Project and CEO of Good Men Media Inc.
The role of men is changing in the 21st century. Want to keep up? Get the best stories from The Good Men Project delivered straight to your inbox, here.
Stock photo ID:489835316