July 3 is International Plastic Bag-Free Day.
Tell our readers why that is so very important.
We use plastic bags almost every day, but only for 25 minutes. Then, the bag will take 100 to 500 years to break down.
- If we continue at this rate, what will become of our environment? Our wildlife?
- How can we clean up the plastic bag waste that litters our city streets, farmlands, and waterways?
- What are our alternatives to single-use plastic bags? Economic factors? Convenience?
- What does our use of plastic bags say about our culture, about our commitments (or lack thereof) to our future?
- What are some of the different cultural approaches to the use of bags?
- What statement does a man make when he brings his own reusable bags to a grocery store?
- Is there an intersectional aspect of 21st-century masculinity and plastic bags?
- How have you men been ridiculed for carrying a reusable bag and how did you handle it?
- How are plastic bags adversely affecting the health of humans and what can we do about it?
International Bag Free Day is July 3 every year.
When you’re ready to submit, click the red box, below.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation—The Conversation No One Else is Having (TM)— you will learn all of the ways we support our Writers’ Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and How to Create Social Change.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. Have access to these benefits:
- Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook
- View the website with no ads
- Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events
- Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members
- Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday. If you already have a final draft, then click below to send your post through our submission system.
If you are already working with an editor at GMP, please be sure to name that person. If you are not currently working with a GMP editor, one will be assigned to you.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas.
While you’re at it, get connected with our social media:
However, you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Join us!
Photo credit: Flickr/Jeremy Reding