- Rage for the death culture of white supremacist capitalist patriarchy.
- Rage for this administration and the right wing attack on humanity.
- Rage for the ways white supremacy has infected so many of our institutions, organizations, and communities and turned so many of us who truly want to make positive change into perpetrators and defenders of the death culture.
- Rage for the ways supremacy systems work their ways into our deepest thoughts and replaces confidence with doubt and trust with fear.
- Rage for the ways supremacy systems work every damn day to confine the minds and hearts of my white people from being able to deeply hear and feel the visionary leadership of revolutionaries of color in the past and the present, to open themselves up to the pain and trauma expressed by people of color and not take it personally, but to hear the pain and trauma and anger and rage as a life-affirming speaking truths that have the power to break down the barriers that hold back all of our humanity.
- Rage for the daily violence of this regime in communities of color.
- Rage for the daily weaponizing of white people’s spiritual and economic poverty and pain and turning it against communities of color.
- Rage for the nightmare of this empire that wants me to feel threatened as a white person when people of color fight for the humanity, to feel threatened when women fight for their humanity, to feel fear rather than solidarity, to feel defensive rather then feel empathy and a commitment to deeper understanding, to feel resentment at the assertion that things are fucked up rather than saying, “yes they are, and I don’t want to live this way either!”.
- Love to everyone who is bringing courageous liberation leadership in these times.
- Love to everyone, especially my white people, especially men, who are finding their power within the discomfort of revolutionary upsurges in these reactionary times, finding the ability to stay present to the ways that what at times feels like “breaking apart” is an opportunity to “break open” and get free!
- Love to everyone rising up to bring about the world in our hearts and resisting the world of hate in the right’s agenda.
For collective liberation with love and rage!
More by Chris Crass here on GMP
Chris Crass thinks it’s time for men in the millions to take courageous action in our society to further feminist revolution.
The middle ground is trying to unite white communities with the dream of Dr. King and away from the nightmare of white supremacy.
Chris Crass on the UC Berkley protests
These are the rebels we need to survive the next three years and some change. (It’s never too early to start counting down.)
Photo credit: Getty Images