Our #StopRacism Weekly Calls are every Tuesday at 8 pm EST / 5 pm
The Good Men Project has, for years, looked at and written about the changing roles of men in the modern world—and how that change affects all of the major issues of our day. Over 2.5 million people visit the site each month for a variety of reasons—because they care about the issues of men and boys, because they care about eradicating racism, sexism and homophobia—or because the world is changing so fast that they want to find ways of keeping up. The Good Men Project is a Participatory Media Company—we not only provide content you can read and share but we offer a multitude of ways you can actually participate in the all-important conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Our SOCIAL INTEREST GROUPS are an innovative new format—-weekly calls and community, activist building with people who are passionate about similar interests.
The groups will hold a weekly conference call for one hour every week. In between calls, an email thread will connect the community and allow further ways of communicating with the other members throughout the week. This group—#StopRacism—will identify some of the ways in which racism manifests itself in our institutions and our communities, and how this is reinforced, both economically and culturally. You will meet other people who care about racism, and learn together a common language. You’ll hear stories and history. You’ll form a community of activists that can create change. And you’ll learn how to mobilize other activists and become a leader in the conversation yourself. Originally launched by Good Men Project Editors Lisa Duggan and Jackie Summers—it is now led by Maleeha Malik and Ashok Selvam.
Here’s what people are saying about the #StopRacism Social Interest Group:
“It’s been an honor, a privilege, and a whole bunch of schooling in a very short time. Whatever phase or form this group takes next, I’m in. Please keep sending the reading and watching material—-I will keep writing, speaking, and building my team, one person at a time, one day at a time. I’m truly grateful and hopeful. And I’ll hold onto this feeling come the next jury nullification or state-sponsored murder, which are inevitable. In the face of all this fear and hate, I know there is a squad to help me persevere. This is my calling. Thank you all for reminding and encouraging me.” — S.C.
“It opened doors I didn’t even know were closed.” — C.B.
Our next #StopRacism group is held via conference call every Tuesday at 8 pm EST / 5 pm PST.
Social Interest Groups are for Good Men Project Gold and Platinum Premium members only.
To join the group, please
Not yet a Premium Member of The Good Men Project? Register below.
Our $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS, and you can come to as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year. We also have $25 and $12 membership levels. Not yet a member? Become one below:
Register New Account
*If you are already a writer or contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (You can request a new password if needed at this stage).
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. < 2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ANY of our live classes, calls and other exclusive content.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook.
4. An ad-free experience on The Good Men Project website!
5. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
6. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge.
8. See the site AD FREE.
ANNUAL PLATINUM members will also receive a FREE copy of The Good Men Project anthology E-Book.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to participate in any ONE Special Interest Group.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community.
4. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
5. GOLD commenting badge.
6. See the site AD FREE.
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $25/year.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
2. A listing on our Friends of The Good Men Project page.
3.BRONZE member commenting badge.
4. See the site AD FREE
Price for ANNUAL BRONZE membership is $12/year.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable. Our mission is to challenge the stereotypes around masculinity, to advocate for equality, and to be a voice and a catalyst for change in the issues that disproportionately affect men. Our heartfelt gratitude for believing in our mission and wanting to be a part of this important conversation at The Good Men Project.