Join The Black Hive @M4BL to call on Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Legislature to take immediate action to help our communities in Florida devastated in the wake of Hurricane Ian.
- Immediate Response: Every Floridian has a right to food, utilities, and safe housing.
- Protect Renters: Every Floridian deserves the right to return to safe, resilient, and affordable housing in their own neighborhoods.
- Protect Workers: Every Floridian deserves the right to provide for their family.
- Right to Stay: A climate crisis emergency is not a time to target immigrant and undocumented communities. There should be a moratorium on all deportations and detentions.
- Right to Healing: The state government must provide culturally relevant mental health support and resources to communities recovering from hurricane impacts over the long term.
We know that every time a hurricane hits our communities, we experience the most extreme impacts. We are also the last to receive support, infrastructure upgrades, and get access to necessary resources to build resistance for inevitable future disasters.
We face disproportionate impacts when hurricanes hit Black, immigrant, and frontline communities; blended with the oppressive heat in Florida and the length of time it takes to recover from a disaster, a prolonged lack of power and access to safe water is a life-threatening condition.
We know from historical experience that power companies meet the needs of affluent communities first and fail to prioritize communities most vulnerable to disconnection and energy debt. The inability to connect to breathing machines, refrigerate insulin, store milk for our children, or access critical emergency information online creates further deadly conditions in the aftermath of disasters like Hurricane Ian.
We can no longer stand by as, year after year, hurricane after hurricane, our communities are left behind, and our lives continue to be lost and viewed as dispensable by profit-driven fossil fuel companies and their political backers. We are demanding the action and care our people deserve.
Join us: m4bl.link/HurricaneIan
Movement for Black Lives
You Might Also Like These From The Good Men Project
|Compliments Men Want to Hear More Often||Relationships Aren’t Easy, But They’re Worth It||The One Thing Men Want More Than Sex||..A Man’s Kiss Tells You Everything|
Join The Good Men Project as a Premium Member today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo credit: Shutterstock