Social surveys have time and again showed that most relationships come to an end because professional life and daily chores stop people from spending enough time with the person they love.
One way of preventing your relationship with your spouse from taking a bad turn is spending some quality time with the person you love and care for. Remember, we are not emphasizing on increasing the duration of time you two are spending together. Instead, we are encouraging you to come up with plans that would allow you to make the most of the few hours you get to spend with your partner. Here are some delightful ideas for you.
- Try recreating the very first date you went on—You might have gone for a cozy candle light dinner at one of the most lavish fine dining restaurants in the city or spent an evening chatting and gazing at the stars; try recreating the day as closely as you can. This is one idea that will make the day special both for you and your loved one. This will allow the two of you to do a moving time travel and relive the moments you started knowing each other. The day will take you to the time without the kids, jobs, bills, and all those other things that have become the focus of your present life. Are you one of those individuals whose first date wasn’t that great? It wouldn’t be a bad thing if you replicate that not-so-good day. It will add a fun quotient to the entire plan.
- Try to do something fancy for your beloved—Do you have the hidden talent of baking the most sumptuous cake in town? Have you recently spotted a special recipe for juicy duck roast? If yes, then cooking for your spouse would be a great way of surprising her; if not, just find out a restaurant with impressive reviews and place an order for your soul mate’s favorite delicacies. The basic idea is making the night special for the person you love. Pack a gift for her; it can be something as small as a hairpin or a reply to one of her initial love letters that you forgot to answer. In fact, you are the best person to judge what kind of gift would bring the broadest smile on your wife’s face and make her emotional. Arrange the dining table as beautifully as possible, pop a bottle of champagne, and play your wife’s favorite tune; all these, in cognition with the emotional gift, will make the night special for both of you.
- Play to the talents you have—There are some who are great at writing poems and stories, while there are others boasting the ability of making their guitar do all the talking. If you have any such talent, use them to gift your spouse some special moments. Often, people practice these skills to woo the women of their dreams and gradually forget about them as they become a busy professional and family person. Your life will change the moment you will bring those little talents back into your life. This will not only make our relationship with your spouse stronger, but will also make the environment of your home much happier than ever before.
- Exercise or play a sport together- Many might not be aware of this, but exercising together helps in establishing a strong bond. This is particularly great news for the couples who don’t get enough time to spend with each other and also struggle to find sufficient time to work out. If regular workout sounds boring to you, we suggest you play a sport together. It is better if it’s a racquet game (for instance, table tennis, lawn tennis, badminton, or squash) as it will allow you to play doubles matches with other couples. You can also try other sports like swimming, skiing and boxing.
- Plan a weekend getaway—Often it gets a bit difficult to turn the time special within the same four walls of your home. If you are facing the same problem, plan a weekend getaway to a nearby village or forest. The change in scenery might add the much-needed spark to your relationship.
- Read out a bedtime story—This suggestion might appear a bit surprising to you, but it’s a great way of bringing romance back to your relationship. This makes it obvious that the story you are reading out is a romantic one. If you want to spice up things a bit, you can surely get a bit naughtier with your choice of story.
- Plan a surprise night out for your spouse- You can buy a couple of Las Vegas show tickets from GetMeInCheap.com or book two seats at a nearby eatery. The only condition is not letting your spouse know about it until the very last moment. To ensure the plan doesn’t get spoiled, schedule the surprise keeping her routine in mind.
- Watch a classic every Saturday—If you want to see Hollywood actors showcasing real chemistry and talent, you will have to watch the classics made during the 50s, 60s and 70s. The romance they managed to depict on screen used to get transmitted into the audience. You can expect something similar to happen to you and your beloved, if you dedicate your Saturday nights to romantic classics like Casablanca, Roman Holiday, It Happened One Night, etc.
- Engage in a cute pillow fight—You must be wondering why we have come up with such a childish and silly plan. Our plan is to replace the serious issues and unhappiness in your life with silliness and nonsense fun. Once you manage to do that effectively, you will see the grave problems in your life subside quickly.