2018-2020 Platform for an informed electorate — Part 3 — Jobs, Income, and Financial Security
Good Men Project Political Activism Social Interest Group, lead by Lisa Hickey, Publisher of the Good Men Project, and me, Carol Bluestein, has been working to develop a platform which supports a governmental agenda that includes basic human rights, equality, and justice for all.
In the short term, we are looking to educate our voters about the issues for 2018-2020 elections.
In the long term, we are looking at a change in our election strategy, moving from a primarily two-party system to Proportional Representation, and from a one choice vote to a Ranked Choice Voting / Instant Runoff- as proposed by FairVote. This would give all voters a voice and a group of people that represent them seated in Congress. The result would eliminate the possibility that our government would be controlled by any one party.
The GMP Platform is non-partisan and seeks to ensure:
- All human beings shall have equal access to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
- The Judicial, Legislative, and Executive branches of government remain separate.
- The separation of Church and State.
- No human being, for any reason, be subjected to persecution, subjugation, and/or discrimination.
- Facts, science, and research matter.
In Part 3 of “We the People…” and we address issues related to Jobs, Income, and Financial Security that affect you, your (our) community, and our country. If you’re not sure how you feel, please take the time to do some research via multiple sources and perspectives.
- Institute a fair wage/living/minimum wage
- Revamp/modernize programs that address food, shelter, and clothing
- Legislate workers’ rights
- Maximum Length of work day/week w/o overtime
- Off time: vacation, sick, care, personal
- Raises linked to GNP (or some such indicator)
- Worker salaries linked to percentage of gross sales (before investor distribution)
- Split shifts to eliminate layoffs and stop stress on remaining workers
- Universal, single-payer healthcare for all
- Establish ongoing Retraining Centers to be proactive in light of layoffs
- Keep workers apprised of changing economy
- Retrain/Train people for jobs that are part of the future
- Secure Social Security
- Install a lockbox system where each individual is in charge of their own Social Security fund
- Ndure people get out what they pay in it
- Remove Social Security from Congressional control
- Negotiate fair and equal trade agreements
- Maximize participation in global economy
- Export more than we import
- Stop American companies from evading taxes and responsibilities to the US citizens/workers by manufacturing items overseas (exploiting foreign workers) and then importing them back into the country
- Regulate banking and financial institutions
- Protect consumer assets
- Protect consumer loans/credit
- Re-invigorate manufacturing
- Institute Federal and private Investments in troubled communities
- Put people to work on Federal projects – like WPA infrastructure/technology/finance/arts/education/ etc.
Each week, Good Men Project Political Activism Social Interest Group will post another section of the GMP Platform. We are in support of advancing the conversation to help define the ideology and philosophy for our elected officials and in our courts.
Join the calls and participate in our POLITICAL ACTIVISM SOCIAL INTEREST GROUPS—WEEKLY PHONE CALLS to help discuss and help solve some of the most difficult challenges the world has today. Calls are for Members Only (although you can join the first call for free). Not yet a member of The Good Men Project? Join now!
What Now? Participate. Take Action. Join The Good Men Project Community.
The $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS—join as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year. The $25 Gold Level gives you access to any ONE Social Interest Group and ONE Class–and other benefits listed below the form. Or…for $12, join as a Bronze Member and support our mission. All members see the site AD-FREE!
Please note: If you are already a writer/contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (Request new password if needed).
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to execution of real world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time. We now offer 500 calls a year!
2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL LIVE CLASSES. Learn how build your own platform, be a better writer, become an edit or create social change. Check out our training sessions. As a Platinum member, you can take them all.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
4. Access to our PREMIUM MEMBER LIBRARY with our recorded ConvoCasts and classes. ConvoCasts are a new form of media—and you are in them! Only Platinum Members get access to our recordings. And recordings of our classes are really valuable for those who do not have time to take the live classes or just want to review.
5. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you log in.
6. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a platinum member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to any ONE Social Interest Groups.Try them out! We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to execution of real world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes. Each month, we have the following: Learn how to be a Rising Star in media, build your own platform, become an advanced writer, become an editor or create social change. Check out our classes here. RSVP for any one class—if you want to take more, just upgrade to an Annual Platinum Membership.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and all Weekly Conference calls with the Publisher and community. Connect with other members online and by phone!
4. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you are logged in—as long as your membership is active.
5. GOLD commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a gold member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $25/year.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
2. A listing on our Friends of The Good Men Project page. Your support of our mission is noted and appreciated. See the page here!
3. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you are logged in—as long as your membership is active.
4. BRONZE member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a bronze member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL BRONZE membership is $12/year.
We have groups and calls 7 days a week:
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
Price for ANNUAL BRONZE membership is $12/year.
“Here’s the thing about The Good Men Project. We are trying to create big, sweeping, societal changes—–overturn stereotypes, eliminate racism, sexism, homophobia, be a positive force for good for things like education reform and the environment. And we’re also giving individuals the tools they need to make individual change—-with their own relationships, with the way they parent, with their ability to be more conscious, more mindful, and more insightful. For some people, that could get overwhelming. But for those of us here at The Good Men Project, it is not overwhelming. It is simply something we do—–every day. We do it with teamwork, with compassion, with an understanding of systems and how they work, and with shared insights from a diversity of viewpoints.” —– Lisa Hickey, Publisher of The Good Men Project and CEO of Good Men Media Inc.
Photo credit: Getty Images