You can’t always be achieving.
You can’t always win, always give, and always be making an impact.
Sometimes you have to receive, too.
It’s how the universe works.
You have to balance your “in” with your “out.”
Even when the water recedes back from the shore it’s still the ocean.
On today’s episode of The School of Greatness, I talk about being equally grateful for the busy times and the quiet ones with a successful podcast host, author, and comedian: Pete Holmes.
Pete Holmes is a stand-up comedian, actor, and writer who premiered his own talk show, The Pete Holmes Show, on TBS in 2013. He went on to create and star in the hit HBO series Crashing, and he also hosts the podcast You Made It Weird.
Pete has learned to say, “Yes, thank you” to whatever happens to him.
So get ready to learn approach life with an abundance model on Episode 796.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Why can’t you just achieve all the time? (26:22)
- How did you show getting canceled make you feel? (28:30)
- What does happiness mean? (42:55)
- What’s the biggest challenge in your life you’re actually grateful for? (1:00:00)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to have balance in life (10:00)
- How your thoughts don’t have power on their own (37:00)
- About your false self (44:00)
- How Pete deals with anger and sadness (55:00)
- How psychedelics changed Pete’s mindset (1:09:30)
- Plus much more