“Choose emotional sobriety and calm your inner a$$hole.”
Listen to Real Men Feel, #229,”Why Unresolved Trauma Perpetuates Toxicity” here:
As a coach, mother, and podcaster, Jennifer Lovely is the ideal guest for this conversation on raising conscious young men. Topics covered include how healthy emotional expression releases toxicity, why pain is part of finding joy, and how to find meaning in grief.
“The toxic is that I was not aware of myself, my feelings, and how I was impacting the world around me.” ~ Jennifer Lovely
I met Jennifer when I was a guest on the Recovery Channel Podcast with Dr. Robb Kelly. Dr. Robb appeared on Real Men Feel last October for an episode on The Alcoholic Brain. The Recovery Channel podcast had a wonderful cohost, Jennifer, that I clicked with and knew I wanted to talk to more.
Jennifer shares her story going from a young bride to a toxic mom. She felt groomed to take care of men. Touching on power dynamics between a young wife and an older man, as well as the passing on of trauma, addiction, codependency, grace, calming your inner a$$hole, and much more.
Grab the Real Men Feel Guide to Friendship for a list of places you can meet more male friends and get on the Real Men Feel weekly newsletter.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (1:31) Tell me a bit about your family?
- (6:29) You referred to yourself as being a toxic mom, what does that mean?
- (9:30) Always reacting to life as opposed to living life.
- (13:40) How do you teach young boys about feelings if you don’t feel yours?
- (14:53 )What’s been your favorite thing about raising your young men?
- (16:24) Could you have connected with your boys without going through the addiction and recovery journey?
- (33:40) Is there anything you wish you could teach your boys that you don’t feel you can without being a man?
- (39:26) Tell me about your podcast?
Watch Real Men Feel, #229, “Why Unresolved Trauma Perpetuates Toxicity” March 9, 2021
“Being raised by a toxic mom is as bad as not having a father.” ~ Jennifer Lovely
Need to talk about getting out of your own way? Visit TheAndyGrant.com/talk.
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
This post was previously published on RealMenFeel.org.
Improve your writing, expand your reach, and monetize your craft.
We welcome all experience levels.