“If I see another lace dress or engagement ring I’m going to puke.” says guestposter Jack Meyer in this entertaining blog about Pinterest.
Josh Note: this is the second guestpost I received out of the blue. I will be posting new stuff myself starting next week. I’m in New York this weekend, enjoying the New York Musical Improv Festival and hanging out with buds. Woo hoo! Also, for the record, I like Pinterest, and consider it gender-free. Also…please note the post below doesn’t reflect my feelings on, well, anything. But damn if I don’t find it funny. Try reading it as Rodney Dangerfield. Or Andy Rooney.
Author’s Note: I know that Pinterest is sort of a women’s social media site, but there is just something so addictive about all those pictures! You can’t tell me that scrolling through a bunch of photos isn’t more fun than lines of endless text. I love the how-to guides, the great food, and the funny memes that pop up too. But to my point, here are ten things I have learned from Pinterest:
- People love to eat – I have never seen so many pictures of food in my life. Recipes everywhere and most of it is dessert! I feel the pounds pouring on even as I look at them.
- People try to work out – Note the word try. There are a lot of workout routines, motivational posters and fat loss guides out there. Unfortunately people seem to Pin them rather than do them.
- Animals are funny – Cats, dogs, hedgehogs, you name it; there is a funny picture of it.
- Everyone loves kids – I don’t know why so many people love kids. Sticky, messy, smelly mini-humans!
- Every girl wants to get married – If I see another lace dress or engagement ring I’m going to puke.
- Tattoos are no longer taboo – I had no ideas tattoos could come in so many shapes, sizes, colors and placements. Sure, some of them make me shudder, but…nope, that’s all I got.
- Celebrities are ugly – After you see the same face and same expression four bazillion times you realize that these people just are not that pretty.
- Clothing changes fast – Fall fashion, spring fashion, shoes, hats, jewelry, accessories… I really don’t know how anyone could keep up with all that, not to mention afford it!
- Cartoons are simple – I love a good laugh and cartoons are great for that. But is it just me or are cartoons a little too simple these days? Stick figures and ‘troll’ faces… Ummm…
- Nudity is fashionable – As long as you stick a brand name or designer in the description you can post picture of naked people all day long. Of course, I don’t know if I would consider stick figures like these models really nude… that would imply they had more than skin and bones.
Author Bio: Jack Meyer is a regular blogger and detective. As a detective he wants to spread the knowledge of terrible things that can happen when people don’t fully verify the credentials of a caregiver or any employee. He also writes for various law enforcement blogs and sites.