The Good Men Project is a Participatory Media Company—we not only provide content you can read and share but we offer a multitude of ways you can actually participate in the all-important conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Now, we are proud to announce the plan to roll-out Social Interest Groups and Task Forces. This is a transformative new initiative that will take our conversation to the next level by forming communities that are organized around particular issues.
The Environmental Social Interest Group will discuss not only how men relate to nature but also important environmental issues of our time and how we as a community can take action to solve them.
From climate change, deforestation, and species loss, to rising sea levels, and ocean acidification, people all over the world are feeling the impacts of environmental destruction.
Indigenous rights are being ignored while their land is being exploited for fossil fuel extraction More and more oil pipelines are spilling polluting our waterways. Marginalized communities are bearing the brunt of industrial toxic pollution. The list of environmental atrocities seem to be getting longer. This isn’t just a fight to save the environment, it’s a fight for justice. A fight for humanity.
In the Environmental Interest Group will discuss some of the following topics:
- How men commune and connect with nature
- Have we as men lost this connection to the natural world thus allowing for increase environmental destruction and runaway climate change?
- How can reconnecting with nature instill action to protect it?
- Current environmental issues and how we can take action
- How can we instill environmental stewardship on young boys?
- What are the intersectionalites between the environmental movement and other social justice movements?
- How can these different movements work together?
About Neil: Neil Hill is one of Europe’s top outdoor, wilderness and survival coaches. He believes that our modern disconnect from nature has led to many of our personal, physical and social problems. He has led courses into some of the worlds most hostile and wild environments. His passion is to reconnect people with their aboriginal roots in nature, enabling them to have adventures and experiences that unlock their massive potential, Neil is the co-founder of Earth Strength.
About James: Since earning a degree in Environmental Science back in 2008, James has worked as a community organizer and educator for a variety of environmental non-profits such as the Sierra Club. Additionally, he founded a local chapter of 350.org in Idaho, has participated in a sit-in at the White House against the Keystone XL pipeline which led to his first arrest and has walked through the Alberta Tar Sands. And last year he joined Greenpeace to physically block a Shell oil drilling rig that was bound for the Arctic waters.
Our Environmental Activism Social Interest Group call will be held Saturdays at NOON starting January 14th
(You can join in any week—you do not have to attend from the start)
Social Interest Groups are for Good Men Project Gold and Platinum Premium members only.
To join the group, please RSVP HERE.
Not yet a Premium Member of The Good Men Project? Register below.
Our $20 Gold Level gets you access to any ONE Social Interest Group or Class. Our $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS, and you can come to as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year.
Register New Account
*Payment is by PayPal. Your membership begins when you receive the welcome email and click the link to return back to The Good Men Project. You do not need a PayPal account to pay using PayPal.
**If you are already a writer or contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (You can request a new password if needed at this stage).
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. < 2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ANY of our live classes, calls and other exclusive content.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook.
4. An ad-free experience on The Good Men Project website!
5. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
6. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge.
ANNUAL PLATINUM members will also receive a FREE copy of The Good Men Project anthology E-Book.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to participate in any ONE Special Interest Group.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community.
4. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
5. GOLD commenting badge.
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $20/year.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
If you want additional exclusive access to our trainings, classes and live events, choose the Platinum or Gold level above.
2. A listing on our Friends of The Good Men Project page.
3. BRONZE member commenting badge.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable. Our mission is to challenge the stereotypes around masculinity, to advocate for equality, and to be a voice and a catalyst for change in the issues that disproportionately affect men. Our heartfelt gratitude for believing in our mission and wanting to be a part of this important conversation at The Good Men Project.