Because the fragrance industry is widely populated with products marketed towards women, many men find themselves falling short in terms of their personal scent. The fragrance you give off is a huge part of the way people perceive you—do you smell like body odor? Have you showered recently? Do you just fully rely on the off-brand deodorant you buy? People notice things like that, and, like it or not, the way that you smell is important.
Getting into men’s cologne, especially through discount cologne opportunities, is a great way to boost your self-confidence and ensure that others find you pleasant to be around. That’s why every man should know how to wear cologne.
Rules for Wearing Men’s Cologne
Sometimes, men are turned off by the idea of wearing men’s cologne because they’ve been in the overwhelming presence of some man who wears way too much cologne. Thankfully, you don’t have to worry about being that guy as long as you follow these tips when applying your men’s cologne.
- Always apply the fragrance to dry skin. Make sure you spray roughly five inches away from the target area.
- Do not apply too much fragrance—one or two spritzes of that fancy new discount cologne you bought will be fine, especially if you’re new to wearing men’s cologne.
- Spray the cologne on the hot regions of your body: the chest, the neck, the lower jaw, the forearm, and the shoulder. Do not spray the cologne on all of these places at once—pick one and stick with it.
- Fragrances generally last for six to eight hours, so you shouldn’t need to reapply any fragrance during a typical work day.
- Don’t spray and walk, don’t spray and rub, and certainly don’t spray directly onto your clothes.
Tips for Buying Discount Cologne
Creed Aventus is one of the most popular and delightful fragrances on the market for men, due in part to its reasonable pricing. The majority of its popularity is actually due to the likeability of its notes. The base notes, the top notes, and the middle notes all work together in perfect harmony, mingling well with the body’s natural oils. When you’re buying discount colognes, you want to look for amazing deals like Creed Aventus.
Smell is the strongest of the five senses, and using it to your advantage is always a good option. Understanding how to apply cologne is fundamental to this advantage.
Photos courtesy of author