If you have ever asked yourself the question, “Where can I meet women?” this article is definitely for you! If you’re a man who wants to learn how to approach women like a gentleman and boost your dating game, then read on.
The ideas on “how” and “where” you can meet women is a lot simpler than you think it is. There are women everywhere, all you need to do is take the time to introduce yourself. Although the act of approaching a woman is really straightforward, it’s the execution that requires confidence.
The great thing is that even an awkward introduction can come off as sincere and charming, so don’t worry too much about perfecting the “Hello.”
Steer clear from the pickup lines and follow these six steps to nail that first introduction!
How to introduce yourself to a stranger
1. Make invitations. If you’re not having any dates then the odds are that you’re not inviting any women on dates. To really beat your slump it’s going to take more than just asking one woman out. Make a goal of introducing yourself to 10 women whether it be online, or in your daily routine. You’ll not only improve your approach from practice, but you’ll also have better odds of meeting someone interesting.
2. Keep your eyes open for a potential date anywhere. Your next relationship might be because you struck up a conversation while waiting to cross the street, or because you asked for your barista’s phone number. Don’t discount anyone just because you met them for all of 30 seconds.
3. Be direct and to the point. Most women appreciate honesty, and being direct demonstrates confidence. When you introduce yourself, tell her why you’re talking to her, and what initially drew you toward her.
4. Hold eye contact. I’m not referring to an ultimate stare down contest because then you will be labeled as the weird creepy guy. There is a huge difference between starring someone down and engaging someone through eye contact. Make sure you are looking at the person in front of you while holding a conversation. If you’re looking away the entire conversation, it will give the impression that you would rather be elsewhere. People don’t trust anyone who can’t make solid eye contact. Making engaging eye contact can also be one of the best ways to create deep feelings of attraction.
5. Stand tall. By keeping those shoulders up and walking tall you’re going to give a better first impression through your body language alone. Slouching while walking is just bad posture and looks as though you are carelessly wandering through life. Women are attracted to confidence; standing and walking tall is the easiest way to look (and feel) confident.
6. Ask with a statement. Don’t walk away from your conversation without asking her out. The best way to ask her out for coffee is to use assertive language. “Let’s (insert activity) sometime!” is better than saying “Do you want to…?” Stating this rather than posing a question, shows it is something you are enthusiastic about and really want to do.
Taking a chance and introducing yourself to someone new will open up many options that you didn’t have before. Make a date-invitation more frequent and you’ll never be stuck in a slump again.
This article originally appeared at Plenty of Fish. Reprinted with permission.
The role of men is changing in the 21st century. Want to keep up? Get the best stories from The Good Men Project delivered straight to your inbox, here.
Photo credit: Getty Images