These books will help you on your journey to planning the best wedding day for you or your LGBT loved ones.
If you are planning an LGBT wedding for yourself, a friend, or family member, here are some books to help you get started. They talk about everything from photography ideas, to premarital counseling, to complete LGBT wedding etiquette.
With two major Supreme Court rulings on gay marriage in the works, there is the possibility that America will finally start seeing a lot more same-sex weddings. With gay marriage legal in several states already, we’ve seen the “I do” industry become more welcoming for gay and lesbian couples. A part of this inclusion includes wedding-planning books, which historically have catered to hetero couples but are now tackling the common questions and hurdles gay partners face leading up to their big day. If you’re planning same-sex nuptials or know someone who is, then check out these handy wedding planning books for LGBT lovebirds!
- Bernadette Coveney Smith, owner of the nation’s first same-sex wedding-planning firm, shares stories and professional advice in Gay Wedding Confidential: Adventures and Advice From America’s #1 Gay Wedding Planner.
- Gay and Lesbian Weddings: Planning the Perfect Same-Sex Ceremony by David Toussaint and Heather Leo is a practical, down-to-earth planning book with information on everything from the laws regarding gay marriage in the US to etiquette on coming out to relatives before inviting them blow up water slide.
- K. C. David’s The Complete Guide to Gay and Lesbian Weddings will help you plan your big day with expert tips on the differences between marriage, civil union, and domestic partnership; how to find gay-friendly vendors; and more.
- Premarital Counseling For Gays & Lesbians by Pamela Milam is a guidebook for same-sex couples planning to marry. It explores common issues gay couples (and all couples) run into, as well as case studies illustrating real problems and solutions.
- Capturing Love: The Art of Lesbian & Gay Wedding Photography by Kathryn Hamm and Thea Dodds is filled with wedding photography inspiration for gay and lesbian couples. But it isn’t just eye candy; the book provides same-sex-specific tips and tricks for timeless wedding and engagement photos.
- David Toussaint’s The Gay Couple’s Guide to Wedding Planning calls itself “the go-to guide for a kick-ass wedding!” It’s a user-friendly, 12-month guide chock-full of gorgeous wedding photos by Melanie Wesslock.
- The Essential Guide to Gay and Lesbian Weddings (third edition) by Tess Ayers and Paul Brown is a handy same-sex wedding guide with budget tips, trends, and wisdom.
More POPSUGAR Links: