- Come daily to the Spirit of Goodness for the complete washing away of all mistakes, fears, and troubles. –The Science of Mind
- My good knows my name. –Emma Curtis Hopkins
- A rich, wonderful, never-ending adventure awaits you. It has been calling you from the very moment you were breathed into existence. –Judith Wright
- With the proper understanding, you will not have any difficulty in liking everyone. If you dislike someone it is your mistake because you lack understanding. –Satchidananda
- Wisdom is the principal thing. Therefore get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding. –King James Bible Proverbs 4
- Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding. –Albert Einstein
- An emotion comes, stays for a while, and goes away just like a storm. If you’re aware of that, you won’t be afraid of your emotions. -Thich Nhat Hanh
- Mind-breath practice: Breathe one word below on the in-breath…and then the next word on the out-breath…and then the next word on the in-breath…repeat and continue until you feel calm and confident…repeat during the day as often as you can remember…
These quotes are shared by Robert Rannigan, LPC, to touch, inspire, and motivate moms and dads to reflect upon what is important in their lives and those of their spouses and children. The role of fathers has been slowly changing over the years. Dads are now expected to be more emotionally involved with their kids and–most of all–desire more emotional closeness with them. To do this, men have to establish a sense of safety, certainty, and knowing within their own internal environments. Through increased mindfulness and focus, they will then be able to create these very things for themselves, as well as for the families they love.
Grouped by a common theme, “Quotes for Parents” bring words of wisdom, almost daily, from great minds—current and old—into the lives of modern parents (and the rest of us) to nudge them (and us) ever so closer to the mindfulness and self-awareness we should all be practicing every single day.
These quotes are provided as encouragement to observe the power of words and to choose your words carefully. In the morning, choose one (or some of their impactful words) to meditate upon and guide you in a positive direction as you navigate the day’s challenges.