It’s probably been about five years since a friend sent me a tweet about Marriage Works! Inc. and I’ve been a fan ever since. They were the first people on social media who were purposefully helping people be pro-active about their marriages. There were others out there; I just wasn’t familiar with any of them.
Recently, I had a chance to get on the phone with Kevin Bullard, the President of MW! and have a conversation about what it means to him to be a purposeful husband. In this conversation, Kevin talks about:
- The Question Husbands Don’t Ask, That Wives Wish They Would.
- Two Reasons We Don’t Ask The Question and How We Can and Why We Should Start Asking It.
- His Biggest Challenge with Being a Purposeful Husband.
- “The Sprinkler Effect’ Trap That Working Husbands Can Easily Fall Into and Why It Can Ruin Your Marriage.
- 3 Ways to Avoid “The Sprinkler Effect” including One I Have Been Guilty of Being Afraid to Use.
- How to Begin Building a Network Outside of Your Marriage That Benefits Your Marriage.
- A Man’s Biggest Fear and How Their Wives Either Feed It or Starve It to Death.
- And the Resources Kevin Uses to Help Him Stay on Track of Being a Purposeful Husband Including One That Encourages “Cheating.”
I am fortunate that I can call Kevin Bullard a friend now. It’s friends like him that help ease some of the pressure we can put on ourselves as husbands. I hope that his wisdom is as beneficial to you as it is to me.
What’s “The Question”?
To fully understand it, listen to the conversation we had. But the question is, “Why am I not more expressive?”
Photo: Flickr/ Carlos Mota Jr.