Every Wednesday at 12PM PST, Facebook and Twitter erupt into open combat as fans talk out “who’d win” in a battle between two well known geek-worthy parties, one starting every half hour. Wikipedia links are included to refresh memories on what everybody is capable of, and then it comes down to fans and the fight! Winners are listed in bold. #whodwin Wednesday!
- Due to all his power enhancements of late and his being a genius. I’d have to say Iron Man.
- Iron Man. Easily. Tony Stark is one of the top brains in Marvel. Hence the edge goes to Iron Man.
- A drunk Iron Man.
- iron man. Original beats terrible, ugly, useless copy.
- Brain vs. Brain. This is good one & a truly tough one. BUT – I’d have to say that with his almost seemingly endless supply of money Stark has the edge in this battle because of R&D that money buys & the ability to garner any & all future technologies that may be developed outside of his corporation.
- As a DC guy, I hate this… But, gotta’ go Iron Man. I like Steel and all, but he lacks the extreme tech, near unlimited funds, and experience. It’d be a loud and clangy brawl, but the Golden Gladiator takes it.
- this isn’t a dc issue. if it was stark vs braniac 5, the latter would win. steel was and remains a ridiculous joke. put stark against Hardware. now THAT is a fight.
- And the Steel movie blew gigantic planetary sized whale chunks! 🙂
- I have to give it to Iron Man. Both are smart, but Tony has a certain flair that makes him unpredictable.
- Pitt FTW!!!! The Abomination is just a wuss! Pitt has alien DNA working for him and is fueled by rage! He can read the minds of his opponents! He is also drawn better. ^^
- “Pitt has vast super strength equal, if not greater than the Professor incarnation of the Hulk.” The strength of the Maestro (someone needs to edit that Wiki post) the most powerful being on future planet Earth in addition to retractable claws and teeth? The Abomination receives an Creed inspired enema & likes it!
- I may have to roll with Pitt. Telepathy is just too much to overcome. However, the Abomination is a trained soldier, and he has military tactics. If the Hulk is smart enough to block even the powers of Prof. X, could the Abomination do the same thing? If the Abomination can block telepathy, he wins. If not, Pitt wins by knowing the next move.
- Abomination cannot.
- Hmmm…This one is much harder to call…The question would be whether Pitt’s claws could penetrate Abomination’s hide…And whether we’re talking about the Abomination that was stronger than the Hulk or the powered down version…
- Even if the Abomination were at his previous strength levels where he at times could manhandle Ol’ Jadejaws – he still doesn’t touch the Maestro. FYI – the Maestro broke the Hulk’s neck. Breaking the Hulk’s bones is thought to be near-impossible – the Maestro accomplished the impossible. Thus, Abomination is dead meat at the hands of Pitt.
- Ok, ok…After much thought, I’m going to go with claws and telepathy for the win over brute strength. Even with the Abomination at his higher than Hulk level strength, I still think Pitt would have an insurmountable advantage.
With two wins under his belt (after taking down Nightwing and Lady Shiva), Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu had been whipping DC’s best like it was nothing. Today, though, he faced Val Armorr, The Legion of Super-Heroe’s futuristic Karate Kid.
- Another hard one to call…Shang Chi is the business, but Karate Kid is capable of taking down Batman…
- I guess it would have to take someone who is nearly god-like with regards to martial arts and the ability to detect his target’s weakness to finally take down Shang-Chi.
*Bows to Karate Kid*
“Why won’t you teach me Muay Thai?”
Unfortunately my JCVD accent wasn’t available for that infamous quote.
- In all fairness, he didn’t “beat” Superboy because he couldn’t damage him…But still, being a better fighter than Batman, and mastering all forms of martial arts in the 31st century, which has to be far more advanced than what the venerable Shang-Chi knows…In the best battle the pages of a comic book have ever seen, I would have to give it (just barely) to the kid.
- KK beats Shang-Chi. No question.
- In a word … yes. You did have to go 1,000 years into the future to find someone capable of beating the Master of Kung Fu.
- KK can handle his business against Mon-El, Ultra Boy and Superboy. He knows alien martial arts that Shang has no clue about. No contest. KK wins.
- Shang-Chi loses. KK can fight a Daxamite. end of story.
A late partisan came in with some impassioned arguments for Shang-Chi …
- Shang Chi wins. I have no idea what y’all talking about. Shang Chi is the equivalent of Bruce Lee. :-/ I know Karate Kid is dope. Maybe if we actually saw how he took down Batman, I’d be more impressed. But Shang Chi fought a damn dragon- ALONE!!! He fought a dragon by himself. In Black Panther at the start of Huddling’s tenure. Shang Chi dude…
- Just cause a Muy [sic] Thai fighter doesn’t know Judo, does that mean he’ll lose? The point of martial arts is not to know your opponent’s weaknesses, but to know your own. Shang-Chi knows this. It doesn’t matter if KK was taught by Vulcans, Klingons or whoever. Shang-Chi knows himself. And therefore, he has the advantage…
- How about this, his name is Shang-Chi, the master of Kung Fu which is impressive. Let’s see what superpowered beings he has taken out, sparring or otherwise…. Spiderman, Daredevil, Iron Fist…. these are some of the superpowered people that a man with no powers took out. :-/ What gives Shang Chi another advantage, he is considerably more proficient in martial arts than Batman. Y’all can debate on that all you want … Shang Chi is the god of martial arts (having been modeled after Bruce Lee). Maybe DC should invent a character based on Jet Li or Donnie Yen… and I’d still give the “w” to Shang Chi…
- Bruce Lee was quoted as saying, “be like water”. Adapt, an then overcome. The different styles of martial arts may have different names, but they all have similar/common moves and traits adapted over the years. The Klingon “death grip” is just a mere variation of “roll like clouds” in Tai Chi. Much like the “Dougie” is a variation of the “Robocop”. Nothing surprises somone who has fought Fang Foom by himself. Again, Shang Chi… like playing Tekken with Marshall Law on easy mode …
… but we have to call it a lightly contested win, as everyone else voted the other way. A great winning streak for the Master of Kung Fu, but everyone falls, despite some very vehement partisan arguments on his behalf.
- If Thanos could get his hands on some Radion. Then it goes to Thanos. Other than that. They are pretty much immortal and evenly matched in all other areas.
- Would have to give it up to Thanos then. Hard to beat folks that are immortal. Unless Darkseid could zap him into another reality. 🙂
- Unless he could teleport instantly, back to the fight, Darkseid would win. Because they can’t kill each other.
- I still think Thanos. He’s loony enough to just destroy Apokolips and be done with everyone involved. Perhaps even that entire solar system. 🙂
- This one could go either way, but the edge goes to Thanos, just because he’s more prone to getting physical than Darkseid, who mostly relies on minions. And you can kill Darkseid. Can’t kill a guy who sleeps with Death and likes it.
- Holy cosmic being battle royal! Despite Darkseid’s omnipotence & immortality (which Thanos also possesses) – the edge goes to Thanos strictly for his battlefield cunning & superior intellect. This battle would destroy worlds but in the end Darkseid is made Mistress Death’s bitch compliments of her favorite stalker.
- Darkseid. Darkseid is more calculating and will wait years to. implement phases of one plan. Thanos, not so much. He is nowhere near as cunning as Darkseid …
- Darkseid has caught the entire JLA off guard. Cloned Doomsday as a mere set up to organize a kidnapping. He’s fooled Batman …
- Batman is human and they aren’t. Sometimes Bruce wins by the skin of his teeth.
- Gotcha, didn’t Darkseid enslave Superman for a time? Hell, he out thought Braniac … Thanos has had some great battles. But Darkseid has been engaged in a war spanning thousands of years with the New Gods… and, isn’t Darkseid considered a god? IJS.
- Damn, I’m alone on two of these battles today. I’m gonna get Darkseid and Shang Chi to form a WWE tag team called Danger Field cause they are getting no respect right now … lmao
Special thanks to today’s participants, including Kimberly Moore, Hines Buchanan, Geoffrey Thorne, Aaron Duran, Dion Bickham, Carl Dancy and Khalil Asadullah.