Celebrate love! The most important thing about any celebration is spending it with those you love, whether it be family, friends, or a significant other.
Speaking of love, I’m excited to bring you this week’s video because I discuss the seven signs of TRUE love from a man. I hear all the time from women how often they become confused about whether or not a man really loves them and if he is serious about his feelings.
The adage “actions speak louder than words” rings truer than ever when it comes to dating and relationships. Anyone can tell you what you want to hear – but only someone who actually MEANS what they say will make sure their actions back up their words.
So, what are the signs of TRUE love from a man? Watch the video to find out:
The interesting thing about love is that we all communicate and receive it in our own unique ways. So tell me in the comments, which one of the true love signs means the most to YOU? Or if I missed one, what would you add to the list?
1. He includes you in every part of his life.
When a man loves a woman he wants to integrate her into his life, and bring her around his family and friends. He wants them to love you, and for you to love them. He wants you to be an extension of him and include you in important events and milestones.
2. He tries to give more than he takes.
Real love is about giving and contributing to your partner’s life. A man who loves you will give to you in the best ways he knows how. He will care for you, respect you, listen to you, and adore you. He won’t drain your energy or make you feel like giving is only one sided. Great relationships are not about give and take, they are about give and give.
3. It’s not ‘me‘, it’s ‘us‘.
You were two separate individuals, but now are a combined team. When a man is in love he will see you as inseparable. This includes when RSVPing to an event, talking about a vacation, or looking into the future, Where he goes, he wants you to go and vice versa. It is no longer ‘my life,’ it is ‘our life.’
4. He really sees YOU.
How many people really see you? How many people hear what you’re not saying?
A man who loves you will pay such close attention to you that he will notice details that nobody else does. He will learn what makes you happy, sad, angry, or ecstatic. This awareness will help him love your more. It shows him all the small details he loves about you.
5. Your happiness is his happiness.
When a man truly loves you he shares in your happiness and lends you his strength to ease your pain. Being in love is about being teammates who always supporting each other. A man in love will want to see you happy and work to make it happen.
6. He’s there for you even on the rainy days.
Life is not always sunshine and rainbows. It can be difficult. Any man can stay next to you on the sunny days, but the true test of his love will be during the rainy days. Does he hold the “umbrella” over you on the rainy days?
There will be challenges, losses, and failures, but the right man will stand in front of you when you need protection, behind you when you need support, and next to you when you need a partner.
7. You will know.
When a man truly loves and cares about you he will make it known. He will put in the effort consistently, and back up his words with actions. You won’t have to wonder about his feelings, he will tell you and show you.
You Might Also Like These From The Good Men Project
|Compliments Men Would Love to Hear More Often||Thirty-One Reasons Men Don’t Cheat||What Makes a Man Attractive?||Here’s What Happens When You Find The One|
|A Man’s View: How Important is Sex in a Relationship?||How Do I Stop Mistaking Chemistry for True Connection?||Love After a Narcissist: Learn to Trust & Date Again||5 Fears That Keep Us Single|
This article originally appeared on James Michael Sama’s Blog
What Now? Participate. Take Action. Join The Good Men Project Community.
The $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS—join as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year. The $25 Gold Level gives you access to any ONE Social Interest Group and ONE Class–and other benefits listed below the form. Or…for $12, join as a Bronze Member and support our mission. All members see the site AD-FREE!
Register New Account
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to the execution of real-world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time. We now offer 500 calls a year!
2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL LIVE CLASSES. Learn how to build your own platform, be a better writer, become an editor, or create social change. Check out our training sessions. As a Platinum member, you can take them all.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook. Connect with other members, network and help us lead this conversation.
4. Access to our PREMIUM MEMBER LIBRARY with our recorded ConvoCasts and classes. ConvoCasts are a new form of media—and you are in them! Only Platinum Members get access to our recordings. And recordings of our classes are really valuable for those who do not have time to take the live classes or just want to review.
5. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you log in.
6. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge. Only members can comment!
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to any ONE Social Interest Groups.Try them out! We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to the execution of real-world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes. Each month, we have the following: Learn how to be a Rising Star in media, build your own platform, become an advanced writer, become an editor or create social change. Check out our classes here. RSVP for any one class—if you want to take more, just upgrade to an Annual Platinum Membership.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and all Weekly Friday Conference calls with the Publisher and community. Connect with other members online and by phone!
4. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you are logged in.
5. GOLD commenting badge. Only members can comment on the website!
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $25/year.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and help us lead this conversation.
2. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you are logged in.
3. BRONZE member commenting badge. Only members can comment on the website!
Price for ANNUAL BRONZE membership is $12/year.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
“Here’s the thing about The Good Men Project. We are trying to create big, sweeping, societal changes—–overturn stereotypes, eliminate racism, sexism, homophobia, be a positive force for good for things like education reform and the environment. And we’re also giving individuals the tools they need to make individual change—-with their own relationships, with the way they parent, with their ability to be more conscious, more mindful, and more insightful. For some people, that could get overwhelming. But for those of us here at The Good Men Project, it is not overwhelming. It is simply something we do—–every day. We do it with teamwork, with compassion, with an understanding of systems and how they work, and with shared insights from a diversity of viewpoints.” —– Lisa Hickey, Publisher of The Good Men Project and CEO of Good Men Media Inc.
Photo credit: Getty Images