Our new feature, On Greatness, will be bringing you the most inspiring quotes and imagery from the world of Sports. Join us! If you have a favorite sports quote, please send us your submission.
At the Good Men Project, we recognize that sports isn’t just a game played by kids or pro athletes. Sports is often a reflection of the values that we aspire to. Sports can inspire. Sports can teach. Sports can move us. And through Sports we can grow.
With our new feature, On Greatness, we will be looking to capture the inspirational heart of sports by bringing you the powerful quotes and imagery from the world of Sports.
Why do we watch? Why do we play? Why do we care?
The appeal of sports varies from person to person. It changes as we grow and change.
- Is it the thrill of bat connecting with ball to seal an unlikely come-from-behind win?
- Or is it the power of one man’s words – or actions – to light fires in the eyes and hearts of other men? To inspire us to push our limits?
- Is it the mind-to-body adrenaline rush of at the same time tapping raw physicality but also guided by a focused mind?
- Or is it the compelling interplay of tactics and strategies that clash as each side strives toward their goal?
- Is it the on-field grace of the human body, the jaw-dropping feats of athleticism?
- Or is it the team all bound up together, greater than the sum of the individual parts?
- Is it the determined pursuit of greatness?
It’s all there in Sports. As it’s there in Life.
We look forward to bringing On Greatness to you. From the inspiring words of athletes, coaches and the greats of the game to snap-shots of those etched-in-our-minds moments of fire and grace.
As Editors of the Sports Section, we are inviting you to join us.
If you have a favorite sports quote, please send your submission via email to [email protected] or via Twitter @michaelkasdan.
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons/loufi