Black History Month & Anti-Racism
- Here’s what I recently learned about Black History that I wasn’t taught in school.
- White allies are not saviors. Here’s what white people need to know/do while working toward social justice.
- The moment I began to understand systemic racism and what I’ve done to stop supporting it.
- I didn’t realize I was racist until my kid/friend/coworker called me out. This is how I’m changing my ways.
Valentine’s Day /Sex, Love, and Relationships
- My partner and I love each other but we don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. Here’s why.
- Here’s what my sweetheart and I have observed about gender roles within the context of our relationship.
- We’ve been quarantined together for a year and still like each other. Here’s how we’ve been making it work well for us.
- I discovered that my partner is a sexist/racist/homophobe and this is how I dealt with them.
What did you learn from it all that you can share with other readers? We want to read your point of view. Be sure to include your “AHA!” moment! Submit your essay to us when you’re ready. If you are already working with an editor at GMP, please be sure to name that person on the form. If you are not currently working with a GMP editor, one will be assigned to you.
If you’d like to be considered as a contributor to one of our eight publications on Medium, use this form.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editorial team. If you already have a final draft, then click the red box above to send your post through our submission system.
Improve your writing, expand your reach, and monetize your craft.
We welcome all experience levels.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
If you’ve already been published on GoodMenProject.com, or if you are a Premium Member, request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation—The Conversation No One Else is Having—you will learn all of the ways we support our Writers’ Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building, and How to Create Social Change.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. Have access to these benefits:
- Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook
- View the website with no ads
- Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members
- Commenting badge.
- Join our Social Interest Groups—weekly calls about topics of interest in today’s world (Platinum level membership, only)
- Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events (Platinum level membership, only)
NOTE: Platinum-level membership in our Premium Community is included as a benefit of membership in our Writers’ Community via Patreon. Learn more here.
Community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members, and get known for their ideas. To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us.
While you’re at it, get connected with us on social media:
However, you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Join us!
Photo credit: Shutterstock