Just in case you missed any of the action, I wanted to share some highlights from this must-see programming of the virtual con in this wrap up!
New York Comic Con x MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse kicked off with incredible panel lineups, tons of geeky merch, and hundreds of cosplayers sharing their looks across social media. Just in case you missed any of the action, I wanted to share some highlights from the shows must-see programming:
- Kicking off the show, the Star Trek Universe panel gave fans a first look at the ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ S3 opener and revealed that ‘Star Trek: Voyager’ actress Kate Mulgrew will reprise her iconic role as Captain Janeway on Nickelodeon’s ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’:
- A surprise guest Zoom-bombed the panel for Amazon’s The Boys. NBA star Shaquille O’Neal dropped in to geek out with the cast and ask some questions of his own. You can check that moment out here:
- Doctor Who herself Jodie Whittaker, Mandip Gill, and Bradley Walsh took the virtual stage to chat all things series 13 and give a sneak peek at the upcoming holiday special:
- The cast of TNT’s Snowpiercer shared a first look at the series’ second season during their panel:
- For Star Wars fans, authors Claudia Gray, Charles Soule, Justina Ireland, Daniel José Older, and Cavan Scott got together to talk about Lucasfilm’s new publishing program Star Wars: The High Republic and their respective contributions to the Star Wars world:
- Animaniacs’ executive producer Wellesley Wild, co-executive producer Gabe Swarr and voice cast members Rob Paulsen, Tress MacNeille, Jess Harnell and Maurice LaMarche came together for a zany to the max panel discussing the upcoming Hulu reboot and reveled a teaser clip:
- Fans of What We Do in the Shadows received some exciting news from series stars Matt Berry, Kayvan Novak, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillén, Mark Proksch and the creative team when they dropped major teasers on what to expect for season 3.
- DC’s Stargirl creator/executive producer Geoff Johns joined series stars Brec Bassinger (Bella & the Bulldogs, All Night), Yvette Monreal (Rambo: Last Blood, Faking It), Anjelika Washington (Tall Girl, Girl’s Room), Cameron Gellman (Heathers), and Meg DeLacy (The Fosters), as they relived the first season’s most epic moments and gave a first look at the upcoming season.
- The Cast and Executive Producers came together to discuss One Day at a Time returning to CBS after forty years, the future of the Sony Pictures Television series and importance of Latinx representation on television. Moderated by Ariana Romero, Senior TV Critic at Refinery29.
- The Freak Brothers cast (which includes Adam Devine, Blake Anderson, Tiffany Haddish and Pete Davidson), Executive Producers and Showrunners unite for a hysterical conversation, as they discuss bringing this 50-year-old comic book series back to life as an adult animation.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want a deeper connection with our community, please join us as a Premium Member today.
Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS. Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
All art-NYCC/Reed Pop