Healthy. Minimal. Simplified. Efficient. Sustainable. Natural. Convenient.
These are all things treasured today. Now there’s a personal care company that embodies these features and more.
Akamai—Personal care, radically simplified.
Founders and husband and wife team, Vincent & Marni founded Akamai to help put people on a path to clean and healthy teeth, skin, and hair, in a way that’s simple, smart, and healthy.
They also deliver the all-natural, multipurpose, unisex products in via a convenient, customizable subscription service By streamlining personal care, they are a mission to reduce the number of products needed, the chemicals and toxins introduced to our bodies, and the overall impact to our environment.
Here’s an overview of their three multi-use products, their uses, and how they worked for me:
- Mineral Toothpaste – The tagline for Akamai’s toothpaste is, “Think medicine, not marketing.” That’s really the point of the whole Akamai line in my opinion—targeted and efficient. They cut out the expense and overhead of marketing and focus on the essentials for your personal care. In this case, it’s healthy teeth, gums and fresh breath—naturally.
“Akamai has considered every component of an ideal toothpaste: the pH, abrasiveness, natural antimicrobials, and the ideal ratio of trace minerals and essential oils to maximize absorption and promote a healthy mouth.” — Dr. Andrea Mustian, DMD Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- The taste of the toothpaste is different than what I’m used to, for sure. Plus, it’s gray in color. I immediately wondered if there was activated charcoal in it because that seems to be the rage these days. There’s no trendy charcoal, and the list of ingredients is impressive –“powerfully effective, truly natural and biodegradable…and yes, they are cruelty-free, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, non-GMO and sustainably sourced.”As with all the products, the toothpaste is multipurpose, and due to its poultice like qualities that draw out toxins while helping heal can also be used as treatment for cold sores and blemishes. I tested it on pimples and was very pleased with the results.
- 3 IN 1 Bar—Wash, Shave, Shampoo—One bar does it all — This bar is loaded with eight botanical oils (and is refreshingly unscented). It also has a moisturizing glycerin to benefit hair and skin to help you get clean in a healthier way.The bar truly does what it says. The suds were great, and it helps to provide a very close and smooth shave. I was a bit concerned about using a bar of soap as shampoo, but it provided a terrific lather and truly cleaned my hair well. I felt my hair needed some conditioning though, which is where the next product came in.
- Skin Fuel—Feed Your Skin & Hair — This oil contains just six powerful natural ingredients and is used to promote healthy skin and hair as it moisturizes, conditions, and soothes. It can be used as a face and body moisturizer, after sun moisturizer, scalp treatment, conditioner, face cleanser, aftershave, beard oil, and/or salve. First things first. Less is more when it comes to Skin Fuel (and really all the Akamai products in the line). This is powerful stuff. It does exactly what it says it will do—moisturizes, conditions, and soothes (you just don’t need very much of it—at all). The first time I used it, I used several pumps from the bottle and ended up with a very oily head of hair. As with the 3 IN 1 bar, the scent is light, fresh, and clean. The scent is not overpowering or “male” or “female.”
When I think of all the assorted products I use for the various things Akamai does with these three products alone, it’s almost embarrassing. There’s a few key downsides tied to using all the other personal care products I use. First, the obvious one is the expense of buying all the other products. Second, is packing all the other products when I travel (can you imagine camping?). Third, is the hassle of purchasing and keeping up with maintaining supplies of all the other products.
Less is truly more.
The other wonderful thing about Akamai, is the way they deliver their products — literally. You can order the products online and they are then set up for automatic shipment every two months. That’s one less thing to manage—sounds good to me. They also allow you to modify or cancel your order at any time.
Another great thing about Akamai is they put their money to work for the environment. They donate 1% of their sales to high-impact nonprofits like the Environmental Working Group (EWG). Through Skin Deep, EWG raises awareness around the unregulated, harmful chemicals in personal care products and empowers consumers to make safe, informed choices.
The great news for you—In partnership with The Good Men Project, Akamai is offering a 50% discount on their Essentials Starter Kit for one week only when you subscribe so it’s a great way to try it out.
Consider simplifying your life with Akamai. I did, and it’s brilliant.
*Coupon Code and Additional Information:
- Coupon code: GOOD15
- Limited to: Open number of uses, 1 per customer. New customers only.
By signing up for either of these promotions, you are signing up for our subscription packages.
Why a subscription? It’s a commitment to your health, natural essentials ship every 60 days. By offering subscription only, direct to consumer, Akamai keeps quality high and prices low.
Photo: Provided by Akamai