This group meets every Wednesday
@7:00 p.m. EST/4:00 p.m. Pacific
The Good Men Project has, for years, looked at and written about the changing roles of men in the modern world—and how that change affects all of the major issues of our day. Over 2.5 million people visit the site each month for a variety of reasons—because they care about the issues of men and boys, because they care about eradicating racism, sexism, and homophobia—or because the world is changing so fast that they want to find ways of keeping up.
At The Good Men Project, we have been following and leading in the reporting on issues of traumatic brain injuries and football for years. This is a huge societal issue in its own right. In addition, sports always act as a prism for larger social issues. The issues of concussions, CTE, and violence in sports are also part of a larger set of social questions in our culture about masculinity and the disposability of men.
The Good Men Project is a Participatory Media Company—we not only provide content you can read and share but we offer a multitude of ways you can actually participate in the all-important conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Our SOCIAL INTEREST GROUPS are an innovative new format—-weekly calls and community, activist building with people who are passionate about similar interests. Here is your chance to participate and create change.
This group—The Disposability of Men/CTE Social Interest Group — will begin by focusing on concussions, CTE, and violence, but we will also expand out to discuss the larger issues of how men are treated in times of war, in times of crisis, in the workplace, and how they are portrayed in the media. This is a way for people interested in these issues to come together to talk about it in a community of people who can learn, grow, and create social change together, whether through writing on the topic, creating videos, podcasts, activist campaigns, and building a network to amplify our message. The Disposability of Men Social Interest Group will create content, interface with other groups working in the area, and forge a path to actual social change.
This group will be led by Good Men Project Director of Special Projects (and former Sr. Sports Editor) Mike Kasdan.
Not yet a Premium Member of The Good Men Project? Register below.
Our $20 Gold Level gets you access to any ONE Social Interest Group or Class. Our $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS, and you can come to as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year. Not yet a member? Become one below:
Register New Account
*Payment is by PayPal. Your membership begins when you receive the welcome email and click the link to return back to The Good Men Project. You do not need a PayPal account to pay using PayPal.
**If you are already a writer or contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (You can request a new password if needed at this stage).
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. < 2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ANY of our live classes, calls and other exclusive content.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook.
4. An ad-free experience on The Good Men Project website!
5. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
6. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge.
ANNUAL PLATINUM members will also receive a FREE copy of The Good Men Project anthology E-Book.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to participate in any ONE Special Interest Group.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community.
4.A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
5. GOLD commenting badge.
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $20/year.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
If you want additional exclusive access to our trainings, classes and live events, choose the Platinum or Gold level above.
2. A listing on our Friends of The Good Men Project page.
3.BRONZE member commenting badge.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable. Our mission is to challenge the stereotypes around masculinity, to advocate for equality, and to be a voice and a catalyst for change in the issues that disproportionately affect men. Our heartfelt gratitude for believing in our mission and wanting to be a part of this important conversation at The Good Men Project.
Photo credit: Getty Images