Do you wish to brighten someone’s day? Make their day a little bit better? You don’t have to invest a lot of time or money to make it work. Many activities may be done for little or no expense as part of your usual daily routine. Smiles spread like wildfire, and you’ll never know how many people you’ve inspired. Today, put a smile on someone’s face by using one of these seven ideas.
- Send a letter of encouragement to someone who has supported you or could need some encouragement themselves. Rare are the handwritten letters sent to encourage rather than simply thank someone for a gift. That elevates handwritten messages to a whole new level of specialness. Make it a new habit to sit down and write a supportive message on a regular basis. You never know when you’ll start an epidemic.
- Invite a buddy over for lunch or dinner at your house. You’ll learn a lot more about each other than you already do. Organize a get-together for numerous of your pals and make a big deal out of it by making everyone happy.
- Give someone a book that will inspire them. You’ll feel good about yourself for doing it, and reading the book will transform the individual, making them think of you each time they do.
- Ask a friend or family member if you can watch their child(ren) for a day or an evening while they are at work. As a parent, you understand the importance of being able to enjoy a few hours of “adult time” without having to worry about the kids. Don’t wait to babysit until you’ve been asked. Offer to do it when the parent has time to do something enjoyable and relaxing.
- Donate a meal to a friend or family member who is ill or going through a difficult period. When you’re unwell, the last thing you want to do is get out of bed. Life may be difficult at times, making it difficult to keep up with all of the daily tasks. You may be a huge help by preparing a delicious dinner for the people in need.
- Donate your time to a church or charity near you. Any amount of time you may spare to help a church or charity will bring smiles to the faces of those who need them. Providing assistance without being asked will make each leader’s day brighter. As an added bonus, you’ll be putting a smile on the faces of people the charity is helping.
- Please express your gratitude to everyone who has helped you so far today. There is an infinite number of people with who you will come into contact during your life. Remember your loved ones, your secretaries, your coworkers, your teachers, your Sunday school instructors, your pastors, your store personnel, your janitors, your gas station attendants, the people who bring your mail and newspaper, and the servers at restaurants.
If you’re looking for the best ways to make someone happy, go no further than this list of ideas. Show off a genuine grin to everyone you encounter. You’ll see how simple it is to make others smile!
Thank you for reading.♥
This post was previously published on medium.com.
You may also like these posts on The Good Men Project:
|White Fragility: Talking to White People About Racism||Escape the “Act Like a Man” Box||The Lack of Gentle Platonic Touch in Men’s Lives is a Killer||What We Talk About When We Talk About Men|
Photo credit: Hybrid on Unsplash