No matter what lessons we try to teach at home, our kids will likely hear the opposite from their peers. Homophobia, xenophobia, racism and sexism is rampant in our schools. How are you combating these schoolyard lessons?
- Has your child ever gotten into trouble at school for actions or words that are in direct conflict to what you have taught them in respect to other people?
- Does your son have an unhealthy fear of being called gay?
- Has your daughter been the target of or the instigator of body shaming?
- Has your child been ostracized for not participating in these types of attacks?
Tell us YOUR story!
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation (Which really is “The Conversation No One Else is Having), you will learn all of the ways we support our Writer’s Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and How to Create Social Change.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. Have access to these benefits:
- Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook
- View the website with no ads
- Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events
- Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members
- Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday. If you already have a final draft, then click below to send your post through our submission system.
If you have not previously contributed to The Good Men Project, please feel free to request me, Lisa M. Blacker as your preferred editor.
If you are already working with an editor at GMP, be sure to name that person.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas.
However, you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Join us!