This week Andy Grant is joined by communications consultant, profiler, author, and trainer, Alan Stevenson, to discuss the importance of learning to be A man as opposed to THE man as well as the power of rites of passage, profiling, and his Campfire Project.
“In less than 100 milliseconds, we decide whether we like someone or trust them.” ~Alan Stevens
Alan created the Campfire Project because many men today don’t know what their role is in the home or at work. Men need to express themselves, and that used to be done around the campfire. Now we can have conversations around a virtual campfire.
Topics Covered Include:
- How did you get interested in communication and connections?
- Tell me a bit about your profiling work?
- What does profiling entail?
- Profiling for parents, teachers, and corporations
- Nature and nurture traits.
- What about men who hide or bury their emotions?
- The three pillars of Aboriginal tribes: Love, Humility, Respect
- The problem with “fake it till you make it”
- What prompted the creation of the Campfire Project?
- Goals of Campfire project
- Being right or being happy
Watch “Being a Man, not THE Man” – Real Men Feel, Episode #119
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
“What you do for yourself dies with you. What you do for others and the world is and always will be eternal.” ~Alan Stevens
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
This post was initially published on RealMenFeel.com and is republished with the author’s permission.