Let’s stroll together down Reality-Of-Divorce Lane, shall we?
1. You tried to save your marriage, but the day arrives when enough has been quite enough.
2. At first, you cry.
3. Then maybe you laugh.
4. Or something like that…
5. The kids may feel sad at first when you tell them.
6. But kids are pretty damn smart. They probably saw it coming before you did.
7. There are so many details to figure out.
8. And it feels impossible to know who to trust.
9. Your friends will have your back.
10. Well, most of the time…
11. At some point, one of your friends may even decide to get married. That’s fun…
12. You get down sometimes, but you remain optimistic. This is your time to start fresh!
13. Some days it seems this will never end. Will you be “divorcing” instead of “divorced” forever?!?!?!
14. Then one day—like MAGIC—the papers are signed and it’s all over!
15. So, ummmm…Now what?
16. There will be a kind of tired you never knew existed.
17. Yet at some point, you’ll feel ready to dip a toe back into the dating pond.
18. Being single now is nothing like it was back before you got married.
19. Your pockets are running dangerously close to empty. Always.
20. And you feel like nothing you do—at work, with your kids, with a new man or woman, or even for yourself—is ever quite enough.
21. No matter how rough the road through your divorce has felt, though, you made it—and you wouldn’t change that for a thing! Never doubt your own strength, courage and wisdom again!
Also by Arianna Jeret
7 Ways Men Can Boost The Heat In The Bedroom
An Open Letter to the Man I Want (A Woman’s View)
The Most Powerful Way to Know What Your Woman Wants
How to Rebuild Self-Esteem After Divorcing a Manipulator
Photo credit: Getty Images