When you are in love, you often act blindly — you might not be aware of what’s happening around you.
You see wrong things happening and you normalize them.
It’s related to how your emotions can affect you and picture your partner as the best fit for you.
All those questions are in your mind:
- What if he leaves when I mention that this teases me?
- What if I lose him?
- What if I am no longer his favorite?
This comes from a place of fear and doubt. If you take a step back, you will notice that you were so involved in that relationship that you could not detect that this was toxic.
Love is blind they say!
When you are not the one going through a hard relationship, you may assume the person is okay with the situation, that they accept it because love is a priority.
Disclaimer: they are not.
Don’t get it wrong: there is a difference between going through problems and facing a toxic partner!
So how to detect red flags?
- Be always aware of what is happening in your relationship
- Violence is not tolerated, in it all kinds!
- impressive jealousy is not a sign of love
- underestimate your talents is wrong
- Never supporting you is not authorized!
- talking bad about you in front of people is not fine!
- Lack of affection is a sign
- Not responding to your calls, or ignore your texts for a long time is suspicious. They can be bad at communication but with a limit that you both set.
So now to the real question:
Why you should not ignore?
- Sooner or later, you will feel exhausted!
- This will harm you physically and emotionally!
- If they get used to you ignoring this, they will keep doing more!
- You are enough, you should not accept less.
- You are doing it wrong, love supposed to add joy to your life!
- Nobody gets time for this drama.
- It’s going to be your loss, no one will help later!
If you are already in a toxic relationship, this is the sign to quit.
Because some battles don’t worth the fight for it!
Previously published on medium
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want a deeper connection with our community, please join us as a Premium Member today.
Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS. Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.